The world is great and vast and as much as we’d love to, we just can’t possibly cover it all on our own. Our love for anything Wine, Food & Travel is shared by many of you around the globe, and we’d love for readers around the world to submit their stories and experiences.
You don’t have to be an expert writer, just possess a love and passion for helping us appreciate what we have. Your opinion matters to us! As a writer, you will receive full credit and recognition for your work. Not only that, you get the bragging rights to being a writer with our magazine! Swanky!
Current open positions:
SEO/Internet Marketing Intern
Interactive Promotions Marketing Intern
Online Marketing Manager
Bloggers, writers and content providers … keep scrolling for more information below!
Don’t want to commit as a regular writer? Click here to submit a guest post.
We are currently accepting writers and content providers for the following areas:
- Recipe Developers and Testers
- Travel Destinations, Local Gems, Mom & Pop and Boutique Businesses
- Local Artisans and Artists
- Ethnic and Cultural Cuisine Highlights
- Travel Videos
- Food and Travel Photography
- Winery Reviews
Here are the details:
1. We ask that you commit to writing a minimum of five articles within three months. After your article obligations are met, you may submit additional articles on a continued weekly basis or you may chose to submit no more articles.
2. Articles should relate to Wine, Food or Travel. Advertorials are permitted, but please obtain prior approval before writing and submitting an article. If there is a topic you’d like to cover but is not listed in the category list, please contact us and let us know.
3. All submissions must be completely written by you. Plagiarism is not tolerated on this website, however you are responsible for obtaining permission of any private property. You must also credit any content, text, video or photography used to its rightful owner. If an article has been submitted to another website for publication, you must re-write the article substantially before submitting it to WAFT so that search engines will not view it as duplicate information. Duplicate articles will be rejected.
4. The article will remain your property, and you will retain the copyright. Your articles will remain attributed to you, but once you stop writing you will be removed from our Contributors list.
5. By submitting your article to WAFT, you give the owners of WAFT the right to use your article (or selected portions/excerpts from the article) and related photos on any section of the WAFT website, as well as on any other website in an effort to promote the WAFT website, i.e., www.flickr.com, www.facebook.com etc. (please note: This is not an exclusive list.)
6. Articles must provide quality information. They may not be used as a means to promote your own business, services or products. Press releases may not be submitted as articles. These types of promotional articles will be rejected.
7. Articles must include at least one photo to illustrate the subject of the article. Photos should be your property. If the photo is not your property, please ensure that you have permission from the owner to use the photo on the WAFT website. This is your responsibility! We will not do this for you. By submitting photos, you agree that you are taking full legal responsibility for those photos.
8. Articles should be between 250 and 800 words in length. These are only guidelines–they are not hard and fast rules. We simply ask that you provide a well thought out article that is full of helpful information.
9. Articles may be written in first person (as these are your personal experiences) or as editorial and informative formats. The articles should reflect your experience, what you learned, discovered and share any insider tips on the topic.
10. WAFT does not pay for article submissions.
11. If you fail to meet your obligation of 5 articles in three months, we will remove your biography page from our contributors page. However, your article(s) will remain on our site as per #4 and #5 above. Also, your linked photo/byline on your articles will be replaced with a simple text byline.
We reserve the right to:
1. Accept or reject any submission;
2. Edit any submission;
3. Return any article to you for editing for grammar, length, quality of content, etc.
Are you ready to get started?
If you’re interested in being an WAFT Contributor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please include your:
- First & Last Name
- Email Address
- Website or Blog Address
- A sample of your writing. This does not need to be unique material. It can be from your own website, or an article you have written for another publication. This article will not appear on the WAFT website. We simply want to have a look at a sample of your writing.
We make every effort to contact you within seven days from date of submission.
Additional Contact Information
General Inquiries email@example.com
Get Involved firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Festival email@example.com
Investor relations firstname.lastname@example.org