There is something unique about Scottish food that makes it exceptional. What could this unique element be that makes it so special? Perhaps it is the atmosphere in which the food is prepared, the natural ingredients used in every meal or probably internationally renewed chefs, who prepare the food with great enthusiasm. Scottish food is famous in most countries and is distinctive in taste. Come to Scotland to savor the delicious delights that will tickle your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied forever. Here are a few best restaurants in Scotland that offer scrumptious delights. Visit these restaurants when you are in Scotland for a fine dining experience.
1. The Kitchin – Situated in the Commercial Quay, off Commercial Street, Leith, this restaurant is perfect for an evening with your friends and colleagues. This restaurant was inaugurated in 2006 and serves a whole lot of Scottish and classic cuisines. Chefs use fresh and seasonal ingredients to prepare meals. Locally grown vegetables and fish that are found in the region are used in Scottish food. You can begin your dining with starters which include West Coast Scallops and Foie Gras. Meat eaters can enjoy Wild Scottish Mallard duck along with some delectable braised cabbage. They can also be gluttonous on Scottish Grouse roasted whole on the bone.
2. The Boath House – Nestled on the shores of Loch Ness, this amazing restaurant offers a relaxed atmosphere, good food, and a spectacular setting. If you are in Scotland, you must come here to try out freshly prepared fish and chips, soups, sandwiches, burgers. This amazing restaurant is renowned for its Mediterranean dishes. Whether you are in a hurry and just want a quick bite into your favorite recipes or are in the mood of enjoying a leisure meal, this restaurant is the best option, as it remains open throughout the day. You can enjoy delicious food on the shores of Loch Ness at the most affordable prices here.
3. The Three Chimneys – Step into this restaurant to taste the local Scottish cuisine because this is what the restaurant is well-known for. Nestled on the Isle of Skype this restaurant offers scrumptious meals in the most romantic atmosphere. Non-vegetarians can get to taste crab, lobster and prawn which are got from local pier regularly. Don’t forget to taste the delicious hot marmalade pudding when you come here. You can enjoy the panoramic views over Loch Dunvegan while you have your breakfast.
4. The Peat Inn – If you seriously want to taste some of the top quality modern Scottish cuisine, then this restaurant must be your first choice. Chefs utilize local produce to prepare food with great enthusiasm. Wine lovers can taste a variety of wines at the most affordable rates here. The Peat Inn is one of the most reputed restaurants in Scotland and it has continued to keep up to the expectations of people. Situated close to the St Andrews in Scotland, this restaurant offers you lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Saturday.
5. Waterfront Restaurant – As the name suggests, the Waterfront restaurant offers you endless views of the Anstruther’s harbor and marina. Whether you are looking for the best breakfast, light meals, something special for the lunch, a heavy meal, coffee, cakes and snacks, this restaurant serves you everything you desire to have. Fresh local ingredients are used to prepare meals here. You can taste delectable delights like soups, sauces and salad dressings. Renowned for its sea food, people coming here must never miss out on scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels. Fish and Chips have been the favorite of Scottish people for a long time. Chocolate, cream, fruits lovers can feel satisfied by loading up on their favorite deserts served here.
Discover some of these restaurants in Scotland that are well-known for their outstanding customer service and high quality dining experience. Experience the true taste of Scotland with mouth-watering cuisines offered in these restaurants. For a comfortable stay opt for the best Scotland Holiday Homes.
Written by: Mellisa Turner. Melissa is a free-lance content writer with a passion for writing on various topics including, wine, dining and travel.
Photo Credit: Whiskers and Whispers (Flickr)