It’s no surprise that most every man walking alive wishes that everything tastes like bacon (unless you’re a vegetarian). We’re talking bacon chocolate (done!), bacon underwear, bacon jam, bacon scented candles (done!), bacon explosion… you get my point.
And then comes Bakon Vodka. No joke – bacon flavored vodka. It’s made from distilling Idaho potatoes, brewing a well-rounded flavor with no alcohol burn or aftertaste, plus the distinct taste of…. bacon. What comes to mind are cocktails such as Bakon Mary, Bakon Chocolate Martini, Bakon Oyster Shooter and… yumm… Bakon Vodka Marinated Steak.
The recipe is as follows:
• 1/3 cup Bakon Vodka
• 1 tablespoon sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
• 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• A slice of beef cut from the top of the rump, about an inch thick or 24 ounces
Combine marinade ingredients and put into a closed container with the beef, making sure to evenly coat with herbs. Marinate for 3 hours at room temperature. Or for superior results, marinate for 1 to 3 days in the refrigerator before cooking.
Cook to preferred temperature, and enjoy!